Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye Old Friend

Well, today was my last day at my old job. To say it was easy to walk out of the bulding and away from my "family" there would be a lie. I know it was something I had to do and I am looking forward to my new job I'll be starting on Jan. 6th, but it's still hard to change. As I have mentioned before the people I have worked with over the last 6 years are not just my "co-workers" they are FAMILY. We have been together through marriages, divorces, births, deaths... You name it and we have experienced it TOGETHER. It's hard to leave a support system like that and go to a new place where you know noone. It's almost like being a kid going to a new school for the first time. I know we will all stay in touch, but it just won't be the same not seeing eachother everyday. I am grateful that God provided a new opportunity for me and I am sooooo thankful. I know there are a lot of people out there looking for jobs for months all the while trying to live off of unemployment. I am THANKFUL today, just a little sad.

1 comment:

Leigh Ann said...

Hope you had a great first day, Kara. It is sad to leave a close group like that. I've done that before, too. Hopefully, you'll love the people you work with in your new job just as much.