Monday, November 10, 2008

Bad News.




After almost six years with my employer I got the news today that more than likely, in early February, I along with several thousands other people will be unemployed. This has been on our horizon for some time now but it was just something that none of us wanted to really believe. Those of us here at our facility are more family than co-workers. We have always worked well together and have come to know each other very well over the years. Not only is this an uncertain financial issue for our family, but I know there are so many others that this will impact in such a negative way. Please pray for all of us as we are forced out into a scary job market, with so little jobs to go around. I know our company is just one of many that have been affected by the economy and I am sure we won't be the last. This is such a trying time in our country and I feel blessed to have been given the opportunity to do a job I loved with people I loved for so many years.

2 comments:

amy (metz) walker said...

I'm sorry to hear this about your job...

I found you on Kelly's Dwelling in the Land list and just wanted to stop by...

Kendra said...

Wow...that is awful. I am so sorry to hear that Kara. Please know you are in my prayers!! The Lord will provide!